One thing that I loved about my last trip to Rome is that I recognized so many of the places I visited from movies I saw before I left. Also, I sought out some more obscure places simply because I had seen them in a movie.
Despite my excitement over my trip in 15 days (!), I am still trying to make this somewhat relevant to New Orleans. The only movie I could find that links New Orleans with any of the places I’m going is Interview with the Vampire — it is set in both New Orleans and Paris.
So while these have no connection with Nola, here are some movies I am planning on seeing or have already seen about London:
- To feed my Audrey Hepburn obsession: My fair lady
- And since I love Hugh Grant: Four Weddings and a Funeral and About a Boy
- Bend it like Beckham
- Bridget Jones 1&2
- Mary Poppins
- Love Actually
- 28 Weeks Later (for those who like weird, scary movies — this is far superior to 28 Days Later)
To get ready for Paris, I already listed Interview with the Vampire, but I also found these:
- Moulin Rouge
- French Kiss
- A Little Romance
And finally, there’s Rome — saving the BEST for last! Some movies set in la Citta Eterna:
- Again with Audrey: Roman Holiday
- La Dolce Vita
- The Lizzy McGuire Movie — Don’t judge me, it offers great views of popular places in Rome!
Know of more? Just tell me please!