This was a hard one. I found it at the Red White and Blue Thrift Store. I bought it because I really liked the color, but it had an awful bib-looking thing.
First, Kitten helped me get the bib off.
Then, I cut the sleeves short. I couldn’t decide what to do next, so I put the dress away for a few days – the first of many times I would do this.
When I pulled it back out last week, I decided to make it a sleeveless v-neck. After trying it on over and over, I still couldn’t figure out what to do. So, I put it away again.
A few days ago, I took it out and decided that the problem was the 6-inch band across the stomach-area with four buttons in a square formation.
First, I took the buttons off, but I still wasn’t pleased. I pinned the dress to look as if the band was taken out completely so that the top would end just over the pleats. That was the idea I had needed. But, of course I didn’t have time so I put it away again.
Tonight, I finally got it out and went to the sewing machine.
I sewed new hems on all the pinned areas and cut about a foot and a half of fabric off the bottom.
I threw my Goodwill belt on with it and I think it turned out pretty well!